Block Paving in the UK
One of the most popular materials for driveways and patios is block paving. Tarmat Ltd can design and build your driveway/patio to the highest standards, using the best quality materials. Ensuring not only a beautiful looking paved area but also a hard wearing surface with excellent drainage. Giving you many years of problem free use.
We are experts in designing and constructing new driveways using a variety of block or slab paving. From simple straight lines to complex curves and steps, with a variety of patterns, colours and materials.
How we do it
For block paving driveways:
- The area is fully excavated to a minimum of 230mm below the finished level, taking into account the Damp Proof Course.
- A grab lorry with full operating licence and appropriate waste disposal license is used to dispose of waste material.
- Sub base is levelled and compacted.
- Type 1 Roadstone/MOT is laid, 130mm deep, (for environmental reasons we support the use of recycled aggregates). The Type 1 Roadstone is then thoroughly compacted using a plate compactor.
- At this stage any necessary drainage is installed.
- All outer blocks/kerbs are then laid on a lean mix concrete bed and haunched behind.
- A 40mm compacted bed of sharp sand is then laid.
- Inner blocks/kerbs are then laid over the compacted and levelled sand, taking into consideration falls for drainage and/or water soak away.
- All angles and cuts are made using a professional block splitter.
- After the blocks are installed the joints are swept in with kiln dried sand and compacted a final time.
What do we do?
We don't just do Block Paving in the UK Check out our list of services below...
- Tarmac repairs
- Surface Dressing
- Road repairs
- Car Parks
- Road Markings
- Drop Kerbs
- Pothole repairs
- Public & Private Roads
- White lining
- Resin Driveways and Footpaths