Health & Safety
Health and safety matters are given paramount importance at Tarmat Ltd.
The company is committed to safeguarding the occupational health, safety, and welfare of all its employees. It provides, so far as is reasonably practicable, a safe and healthy environment for all persons affected by its operations and believes that effective health and safety practices contribute directly to the better performance of the company as a whole.
In this part of the website, are sections giving fuller explanations of the company's approach to health, safety, the environment and training.
Additionally, there is a breakdown of the Tarmat Ltd bespoke management system that covers safety, quality and environmental management, along with references to various associated memberships and formal certificates.
Tarmat Ltd is committed to safeguarding the occupational health, safety and welfare of all its employees by providing, as far as is reasonably practicable, a safe and healthy environment for all. As a responsible employer, Tarmat Ltd believes that effective health and safety practices contribute directly to improved performance. It believes good safety is good business.
Its aim is not simply to comply with health and safety legislation but to attain higher standards through the adoption of recognised good practice and visible leadership on health and safety. The company is fully committed to achieving this through a programme of promoting a positive approach to accident prevention and continuously improving the management of the safety and health of its workforce.
The company recognises that co-operation and consultation at all levels is essential in promoting a positive health and safety culture and has developed systems, both formal and collaborative, to communicate health and safety matters to all.
Its safety system is accredited to OHSAS 18001 and is backed up by comprehensive documentation and procedures detailing the company's organisation of responsibilities and the arrangements for implementing the health and safety management strategy.
As a responsible employer, Tarmat Ltd operates a comprehensive in-house occupational health service, providing support and advice to managers and staff on health issues inside and outside of the workplace.
Tarmat Ltd is fully committed to achieving desired quality standards in all aspects of every project undertaken. Its quality system is accredited to ISO 9001 assuring the client of an efficient, timely and cost effective way of working.
Tarmat Ltd is a quality-driven organisation with a corporate mission to provide innovative support services to its customers in the utilities, rail and renewable energy sectors.
The scope of the company’s operations is focused on the provision of specialised design, planning, construction and maintenance services. The integrated management system covers all sectors.
It is the company’s policy to provide a level of service and focus that exceeds clients’ expectations and delivers complete customer satisfaction.
The company is committed to:
- maintaining compliance with all relevant legislation and approved codes of practice as a minimum and to monitoring new developments to improve continually quality performance standards
- making quality an integral part of the management of the business
- managing quality issues through a structured approach including policy, processes, training and awareness at all levels
- involving and consulting with employees and, where appropriate, their representatives, to communicate effectively on quality matters
- reviewing the quality policy on an annual basis and implementing appropriate improvements
- bringing to the attention of all employees changes to the quality policy and integrated management system
- continually improving the effectiveness of the management system
- measuring customer feedback in order to generate improvement and ensure that measurable quality objectives are established and reviewed.
- Every Tarmat Ltd employee recognises and embraces these values. An atmosphere of quality improvement shapes the organisation and provides unquestioned conformance with customer requirements.
The profile of environmental issues is continually being raised in both the commercial and public domain. Tarmat Ltd is committed to protecting the environment in which it works and to ensure that the environmental impact from its operations is kept to a minimum. Moreover, the company aims not only to comply with applicable environmental legislation but to set higher standards through dedicated training and the adoption of recognised best practice.
Particular emphasis is given to the prevention of pollution, the protection of wildlife, habitats and controlled waters. Tarmat Ltd always strives to minimise the effects of noise, dust, disturbance and inconvenience to others during the course of its operations. It actively promotes the use of sustainable materials and adopts effective fuel and waste management principles.
The Tarmat Ltd Environmental Policy is supported by systems and processes that are fully ISO 14001:2004 and ISO 14064:2006 (Greenhouse Gases) compliant.
What do we do?
We don't just do Health & Safety in the UK Check out our list of services below...
- Tarmac repairs
- Surface Dressing
- Road repairs
- Car Parks
- Road Markings
- Drop Kerbs
- Pothole repairs
- Public & Private Roads
- White lining
- Resin Driveways and Footpaths